Welcome to FMWR Richmond
*FMWR activity links may have moved or are listed under a department heading: i.e. Community Recreation has the Fitness Center, Leisure Travel and other community recreation activities.*
**Disclaimer: Appearance of advertisers does not constitute Endorsement by FMWR, Defense Logistics Agency or the Department of Defense**
Philosophy: Service members, Civilians and Family members are entitled to the same quality of life afforded to the society they have pledged to defend. Keeping the military ready to fight and win takes more than hard work and training. Service members need a balance of work and play.
Mission and Vision
Create, deliver and sustain customer driven programs and services enhancing the Readiness and Well-Being of our joint community.
- Family and MWR supports effectiveness, and readiness.
- Family and MWR supports retention and recruitment of quality personnel.
- Provide leisure time activities, which support a quality of life commensurate with generally accepted American values.
- The Family and MWR programs are designed to meet the needs of the community. This includes Service members, retirees, civilian employees and Families.
- The Family and MWR program is customer driven.
- Non-appropriated funds are returned to customers through provisions of market-driven programs and capital improvements.
- Promotes and maintains the mental and physical well being of authorized personnel.
- The Family and MWR workforce, our most valuable resource, will be professionally developed, skilled and trained.
- Family and MWR supports deployment and mobilization.
- A corporate body guides and oversees Family and MWR programs and funding.
- Resource allocation must be commensurate with Family and MWR mandates and program sustainment.
- Provide the leadership to implement the corporate vision, policy and direction for all FMWR programs.
- Deliver innovative programs and service that support Well-Being, build customer loyalty, and exceed their expectations in quality and value.
- Recruit, develop, and sustain a professional and cohesive workforce.
- Acquire, maintain and effectively manage FMWR resources.
- Improve internal and external support services and relationships
FMWR operates its programs with the following five areas in mind:
COMMUNITY: Plans activities, events and celebrations that bring the military and supporting communities together
GROWTH: FMWR programs available for personal growth, self enrichment and learning
PEACE OF MIND: Professional resources that promote personal and family stability.
RENEWAL: Programs that promote relaxation, spirit and morale.
SELF-RELIANCE: FMWR helps to teach and encourage self-reliance, from financial counseling resources to preparedness for deployment or reunion.